Isk-itement

The thrill of buying isk is a little like buying on the black market. Technically it’s illegal in the world of EvE Online but it’s so rife that CCP cannot possibly keep a track of what’s occurring daily.

Supply and demand dictates that there is a market for the acquisition of isk via real world cash and if CCP were savvy they would realise that they too should get in on the action. The fact is they don’t and they condone it even less so every-time a sale is made one must feel the buzz of doing something that’s frowned upon by the powers that be.

In the last four years I have bought more than 100 billion isk which is quite a sum. Strangely as I write this, I am broke. It seems there is always something to spend your hard bought iskies on in New Eden. My profession in EvE Online is that of an outlaw anyway, so this way of life suits me perfectly.

I still get a buzz from the purchase of isk and I guess I will always do so simply because of the nature of the transaction. I understand the risks involved and always buy through an ALT to preserve my main should the unthinkable happen.

Many of the merchants I use understand the techniques being used by CCP to track illegal transactions and they formulate delivery accordingly. Over the last four years I have seen the process change several times as CCP wise up but the merchants are always one step ahead.

So don’t panic, your transaction is secure, anonymous and in some cases insured so you can continue to buy with confidence.