Fair Game

Acquiring isk in EvE Online is quite simple. Within minutes of starting a new game one can be relatively rich and able to afford your first ship. Accumulating massive wealth is much more difficult. Imagine trying to raise 1 billion isk to buy a faction battleship. This could take months of hard graft and does not account for set-backs, pirates or other unforeseen problems that may arise while trying to save such a large sum of isk.

Some players have techniques which involve ‘bots’ or macros, but these are somewhat unreliable and can fall victim to opportunists. The macro’s were invented because making isk in EvE Online is quite simply a full time job. Unfortunately some of us have to maintain real life commitments. Work, families, obligations, hobbies; all can impact on your available time therefore you may not be able to play as often a Joe Bloggs whom doesn’t have a family or other commitments and can be available more often.

The fact that the training of skills is integral to getting ahead in the game, and that those skills are trained even when one isn’t in the game, it seems unfair that a person who can commit vast quantities of time to the gathering of isk can afford much more than those of us who can’t play 24/7. For this reason alone I buy isk, not to destroy the economics or subvert the playing field, but because in order for my wealth to gather at the same rate as my skills I need to purchase isk while maintaining my commitments outside of the game.

I used to feel guilty when buying isk, but this guilt has become subdued as I only buy isk as I need it. To be perfectly honest I wish I could acquire wealth from playing EvE Online normally, it would be much more cost effective but it simply is not possible to do so at the level I require through playing the game.

Sponsored Links
Cheapest isk online - OffGamers.com